16 March, 2009

Patricia´s House, marionettes, and the Egyptian Temple

I hope the video works! Of course I completely forgot to talk about Patricia´s House after having coffee with my Spanish Adviser from CUA. She talked about CUA going in the dumps with all the schedule changes and political guest rejects that leaked out into the news... At Patricia´s the whole study abroad program AYA spent the rest of the day. We cooked the Tortilla Espanola which is potato and egg and not so bad for eggs. Also we made Sangria, a spinach dish, and a blood sausage dish. Then arroz con leche to finish off for dessert. I can´t wait for the next cooking lesson and eating craze b-c that was a feast. Nostalgia was hitting me too being in a house again and petting the 3 Labradors. I don´t think I could live in an apartment for a long term basis, it´s just not the same as owning a house and having a yard! They have an in ground pool and trampoline and Patricia pointed out their Pomegranate and Olive tree. typical in Spain. That was 2 weekends ago? I think. This past weekend after Avila I went over to the Egyptian Temple Dabode which was a gift from the Egyptian government and then I saw the puppet shows that they perform for the kids at the Parque Retiro. My adviser said it was a must see. I went with Luis and I thought he was bored by the puppets because he kept glancing side ways. So I asked and he said that he was watching out for my bag b-c the park was one of the worst spots for pick pockets. It´s sad but true. My neighbors warned me, now with the crisis to be doubly cautious. The Retiro was jam packed on Sunday and not only were there puppet shows, but a jazz band was performing in the middle of the walkway, and everyone was rowing in the boats on the man made lake or el embalse in this case. After a walk around the park in 65 degree F weather. We traveled to the outdoor book fair that is alongside the park almost everyday. I bought my literature book by Juan Rulfo ¨Pedro Páramo¨ for 6 euro. And called it a good sunday morning in Madrid.

3 comments:

  1. I don't see any video...

    63 degree weather! Jealous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah stupid videos. never work for me. it was on the puppet show

    ReplyDelete
  3. Living in an apt isn't so bad, at least in my case I'm so used to it that I guess it doesn't matter... even doh going out of da apt helps alot... n yeah u need to watch out 4 ur bags n stuff esp. nowadays

    ReplyDelete