10 February, 2009

Las Danzas Folkloricas de Espana....Ole!

So I was judging by the responses on this blog that I've been writing to a few. But I've been getting some complaints about my long hiatus! So sorry, it's been that great here that I haven't found lots of time to be on the computer because Madrid has a lot to offer. So this week was my first week of classes! Guay! And I confirmed them with Patricia as my permanent classes for the semester which ends in May. Honestly this semester is really short and I'm not sure I like that. However my plane ticket home is not until June 8th and Susy wants to travel with me, so perfect! A lot has transpired. But for the sake of some order I'm going to start with the past events and move forward. This last Friday I went to see the Folkloric Dances of Spain, which consist mainly of Flamenco! The dance of the gitanos or gypsies. Boy did the Castenets give me a headache! :( I really enjoyed all of it, but only the first 3 dances were with out the constant clap clap clap of those hand held 'chestnuts shells' and from then on it was constant. I'm terrible with watching late movies and performances because I start to get pressure in my temple after staring at the lights and the castenets too...you can only imagine! BUT for anyone who loves dancing and watching really guay formations, it was maravillosa. I admire the way they were in sync and the groups especially. Circles are harder than you think! jaja I'm guilty of recording the entire first dance on my video camera until a seater came behind my should during the second dance and rapt out in Spanish how cams aren't allowed. However, under the scarf...here are a few blearly pics. BTW we waited outside for one member of our group and were late, but our seats were up front in the first row. But I liked to see the formations from the back and their faces/dresses up close. So I had the best of both.

No comments:

Post a Comment